Monday, December 17, 2012

Jitterbug Cookies

Mom always made these cookies at Christmas time. They were my sister's favorite. I recently went looking for the recipe and couldn't find it. So I turned to the internet and found a recipe for a Danish sugar manufacturer. http://www.dansukker.co.uk/uk/recipes/christmas-jitterbug-cookies.aspx

I've converted it so I can try it out. Will let you know how it goes.

Dough Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
~14 T butter
1 egg yolk

Mix flour and sugar in bowl.
Cut in butter with a fork 'till crumbly
Add yolk and work into dough.
Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.

Meringue Ingredients:
2 egg whites
~1/2 cup brown sugar (I'm going to use dark)
1 T gingerbread spice

Whisk egg whites 'till stiff
Mix in sugar & spices carefully (ie. fold them in)

Roll out dough 20"x12"
Spread meringue mixture over dough
Roll up and freeze 1/2 hour
cut into 1/4" thick slices
Bake 20 minutes at 320 degrees F

No comments:

Post a Comment