Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pat Boyd's Shrimp Creole

OMG I found Mom's recipe!! I doctor a lot as I cook creole, but this looks like a good base recipe.

Ingredients:
1 box quick frozen shrimp (I'm assuming a lb box)
1/2 c diced green pepper
1/4 c minced onion
1/2 c diced celery
                   (I use a good tsp of minced garlic, if not more)
3 T butter
1 T flour
3/4 c canned tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt
1 T sugar
1 bay leaf (I personally use several)
1 sprig parsley
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce (I used a lot more)
                  (I add several shakes of hot sauce)
1/3 cup cooked rice

Directions:
Saute green pepper, onion and celery in butter for 5 minutes.
Add flour and blend.
Add tomatoes, 1/2 the salt, sugar, bay leaf and parsley
Cook gently 30 minutes
Remove bay leaf
Add shrimp.
Cook until shrimp are done, about 5 minutes. Pink and curled. 
Serve over cooked rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment